Points to note
The greenhouse effect:
It is a well-known and undisputed fact that external solar protection
devices are superior to an internal system with respect to the energy transmission
rate and thus to room temperature.
OZRoll shutters gain CSIRO approval:
We are pleased to advice that OZRoll have received CSIRO approval for their
Thermal insulation properties:
Potential savings on heating and cooling energy consumption.
Independent lab tests on OZRoll roller shutters prove that they
can reduce noise transmission through a window opening.
OZRoll shutters protect your windows from imploding. The CSIRO proved that
homes stand a better chance in case of bushfire if fitted with OZRoll roller shutters
OZRoll roller shutters awarded Australian Design Mark:
To our knowledge this is the only window roller shutter product that can
make such a claim. Designed and built in Australia to the highest of
standards, the OZRoll product has been recognized by the design and engineering
industries as a stand out product.
Australia's largest home insurer the NRMA reports that 55% of domestic home break-ins are through unprotected windows.
The roller shutter can offer the first line of defense in this situation and has the major advantage of being a visual deterrent.
With it's unique operation and locking device also offer a physical barrier against forced intrusion.
The slat is rolled to form a hollow casing into which a PU foam is injected, creating an 8.7mm (AR400 series) thick wall of insulation, similar in style to a cool room.
There is that added insulating qualities of the air gap between the shutter and the window. These functions could provide up to 90% reduction in thermal transfer through the covered window.
The insulating qualities have the additional function of dampening the intrusion of unwanted noise by up to 50%. By creating a barrier in front of the window, the noise flow, which is transferred by vibrations through the air is reduced.
The roller shutter will offer a physical barrier against driving rain, high winds and flying debris.
They are especially effective against hail, protecting the glass from breaking and possible personal injury.
The heat from a bush fire can easily shatter the glass in a window and allow the entry of radiant heat and ashes to the home.
In this case, the roller shutter will offer an effective barrier against radiating heat and airborne ashes.
- A real deterrent to would-be intruders.
- Providing obvious protection against burglary & vandalism by preventing easy access through open windows.
- Creates difficulty for forced entry with or without tools.
- Insulating against both Heat and Cold.
- Roller shutters prevent the Summer heat radiating through windows as well as preventing heat escaping during Winter months.
- $ave on Heating and Cooling costs all year round!
- Reduces your energy cost as well as the damaging affects on our Environment.
- Computer modeling through the University of NSW. Heating & Cooling has shown between 25 - 40% Energy Saving on residential properties and up to 59% on residential units.
- Average home per year $1,000 for heat and cool represents up to $400 per year saving!
- They are operated from inside your home therefore no having to go outside in the middle of a storm or an unsafe scenario.
- Choice of ODS, manual or electric controls.
- Fully automated electronic controls are also available.
- A significant reduction in noise level is achieved whether it be busy traffic, neighbours or barking dogs.
- Great benefits for shift workers and young children needing to sleep.
- Close off your home completely to outsiders or create a controlled outlook with partially opened slats.
- This allows you the ability to out whilst still having privacy from the outside of the home.
- "Filtered light" is available at soft comfortable levels by simply partially opening the shutter. This will also create air flow allowing your home to "breathe" in your absence. Ideal for evaporative a/c systems.
- Ideal for coastal areas: Wind, Rain, Debris, and Hail are no problem.
- Windows are secure so you can sleep soundly through the worst storms.
- Do not rattle in strong winds.
- Protect leaking windows.
- Also advantageous for cyclone affected areas.
- Prevent the broken window and ‘spot’ fires that so often destroy family homes during a bush fire.
- Roller shutters create a barrier to stop burning debris from entering your home.
- Simulated bushfire exposure tests carried out by the CSIRO have shown OZRoll shutters provide improved levels of protection against bushfires.
- Prevent sunlight fading your carpet, paintings and soft furnishings.
- Window frames and interior furnishings will last longer with roller shutters.
- "Protect your property from the harsh Australian climate".
- Clear operation parallel to the window and wall prevents interference with exterior paths and walkways.
- Ideal for larger homes built on smaller blocks.
- Stylish Design.
- Blends with any architectural style.
- Wide range of colours to choose from.
- OZRoll use high quality materials and coatings that include pre-coated ABR's and Dura Coat 5000.
- A better product is nearly always better value for money.
- A product that has the ability to be able to pay for itself, due to cost saving on energy, not to mention overall peace of mind.
- Domestic Roller shutters are not recommended to be used in open areas or as a garage door.